A Bama Girl's Life

Friday, September 05, 2008

Some of God's greatest gifts...

Are all to often unanswered prayers...
I wonder how many times we prayed for something we felt was VERY important and yet it wouldn't be the best for us... and then we get all upset because it didn't work out the way we wanted.
Now I'm not saying at all that i think that we should not ask God for His divine intervention in our every day life. I think He wants us to, but i guess its important to remember when things don't happen just the way we want it to that it might be God's greatest gift.
I wonder how many times a young woman has prayed for a certain husband that would have been a recipe for a disastrous marriage.
Or a man who has pined away for a job that would have hurt him spiritually.... God's will is WAY more important that our own

Sry for all the serous talk but i was just thinking about all of this and thought i would share. this is the song that got me thinking

1 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger Denna said...

I could not get your song to come up. I am one of those who knows from experience that some of the greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. God always moves in the best time. If God had moved on a prayer that I had prayed 18 years ago, then I would not have Kevin today. I would have missed out on the greatest gift.
God also moved when Kevin and I got married. If God had moved and gave us a baby when we wanted it, then we would not have Brooke today. During the time it was hard to understand why God was not moving and allowing me to have a baby. Looking back, I understand why God did not move the way we wanted. He had everything in control. Stay encouraged Cassia, you are a great blessing. Love and appreciate you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home